Language contact is the social and linguistic phenomenon by which speakers of different languages or different dialects of the same language interact with one another leading to a transfer of linguistic features. By donald winford contact between people speaking different languages can have a wide variety of outcomes in some cases only a few words are borrowed in others whole new languages may be formed. Contact situations have a number of further consequences for the languages involved if contact is accompanied by extensive bilingualism then there is a distinct tendency for both languages to simplify morphologically to a more analytic type
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.