Sub saharan africa will be home to growing shares of the worlds christians and muslims by david mcclendon if demography is destiny then christianitys future lies in africa. Just a little more than a century ago most africans 76 practiced traditional african religions according to historical estimates from the world religion database in 1900 just 14 of the people living in sub saharan africa practiced christianity even fewer were muslim 9. The future of christianity in sub saharan africa mercy amba oduyoye about the author kenneth ross formerly professor of theology at the university of malawi has also served as general secretary of the church of scotland board of world mission. While sub saharan africa has almost twice as many christians as muslims on the african continent as a whole the two faiths are roughly balanced with 400 million to 500 million followers each
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.